Ladies Play for P.I.N.K. Charity Golf Tournament (Register Here)
The Resource Connection, Inc. President/CEO, Janet Santa Anna is spearheading the LADIES PLAY FOR P.I.N.K. GOLF TOURNAMENT on MONDAY, JULY 8, 2019 2:00 P.M. at the FERNCROFT COUNTRY CLUB, MIDDLETON, MA. Proceeds will benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). You can Register Here.
An avid golfer, Santa Anna feels strongly about the cause. “As a breast cancer survivor, I understand the importance of breast cancer research and Play for P.I.N.K. certainly does,” she said. The Resource Connection, Inc. (TRC), a certified woman-owned business, has long been active in the community and supported cancer research, education and advocacy.
GOLFERS – All Ladies who like to play golf should join us! Sign up as a single or a team. All levels are welcome. This is a fun 9 holes and best ball format. Registration begins at 12:30 p.m. with a shot gun start at 2:00 p.m. followed by dinner, prizes and raffles.
SPONSORS– Click here for Sponsorship Opportunities.
Breast Cancer Facts:
- Every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed, BUT, since 1989, there has been a nearly 40% decrease in breast cancer-related deaths
- There are more than 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women, except for skin cancers
- This year in the United States, over 266,000 women and over 2,500 men (1% of all cases) will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer
- The lifetime risk of getting breast cancer is 1 in 8 for women, and 1 in 833 for men
Play for P.I.N.K. , a 501(C)(3) charity, is a grassroots organization dedicated to raising funds to fight breast cancer through sporting and lifestyle events, including golf, tennis, card games, swimming, and dressage. Play for P.I.N.K. (PFP)’s commitment is to contribute 100% of funds raised to its sole beneficiary, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF), supporting clinical and genetic research into the causes, cures, and treatment of breast cancer. Each year, PFP brings an estimated 30,000 participants together to help in the fight against this deadly disease.
Over 300 events at clubs and venues across 30 states will organize PFP events in 2019.
Ferncroft Country Club blends a rich heritage of golfing excellence with preeminent service in a family-friendly, first-class private club. As a Robert Trent Jones, Sr. designed championship course, Ferncroft has a storied history, most notably in hosting the LPGA Boston Five Classic from 1980-90.